My Beautiful People

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To My friends in Blogland!


My son took this photo with his i-phone
Ray of Hope






To my Dear Friends in Blogland,

At this point in time I am currently pressed for ME time, therefore I have not had much time for my blog. This morning I thought I would have a quick look at my notifications and found so many lovely, supportive comments. I can't tell you how comforting & humbling it is to read them, especially at a time when I am feeling less than myself.
The last month or so has been a tumultuous time for me & my family but it seems that so much is going wrong not just within my little corner of this world but also within the entire world itself.
We've had torrential rains, massive river surges causing flooding on a scale never experienced before, cyclonic weather , multiple bushfires in NSW & Victoria. In Chicago, America there has been blizzards, in Japan it is volcanic eruptions & there has also been serious political unrest in Cairo, Egypt. I find this all so unsettling.
I don't like to sound morose but I have this feeling of dread within me at the moment. It's a feeling like something else is going to happen. I just hope & pray nothing does.

Anyway my father inlaw is doing somewhat better. The antibiotics seem to be doing their job now which is a relief to us all. He is scheduled to go to theatre again tomorrow & will most likely be visiting surgery again after that to close the wound. I suspect he may be in hospital for another couple of weeks yet but he seems to be on the right track now.
I would like to thank you all for your comforting words & well wishes for my father inlaw, your thoughts & words are most certainly appreciated and very welcome.

I hope that life is treating each and everyone of you well & that you are all happy and safe wherever you may reside.

Thank you All

Love Katherine xx


13 comments:

  1. Just know we are thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear he is doing better and praying peace for you...not good living unsettled...hope it passed you by...great pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such good news! I hope he heals up very quickly now!

    Still thinking of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be fatigued and exhausted-emotionally and physically. Better days may cure your sense of dread. Wishing you health for all, healing and renewal and some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just dropped in to say hello. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kb, Brian, Betsy, Tom & JJ ... you're all such beautiful people.
    5 days on and I am feeling a little more like myself. My father in law is doing much better and it even looks as though he may be out of hospital early this week, all going well!!
    I truly appreciate all the beautiful comments that you have left in support, Thank You! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The night is darkest just before the dawn.

    Glad to read your father-in-law is making progress. Hopefully he's out shortly. And may your fear of impending doom also dwindle, Katherine, and may you find peace, even amidst the seeming chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well,I do feel for you, k, --ad understand you may need some down time. I hope things turn around--I know all about being soo low and things not going well but as you know they do get better,,,in time. Wishing your father in law well and you and your fam. yes, i do worry about the word and things to come too at times too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still thinking of you. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, we live in strange times, but it sounds like your fighting the good fight ! Bestest Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great Valentine's Day! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thank you JJ ... Happy Valentines Day to you also!! All is OK .. my father inlaw is still in hospital although things are starting to look more promising. He had what is called a pic line put in yesterday , to help with the intravenous administration of his antibiotics etc. The veins in his forearms couldn't take any more and this kind of intravenous set up can stay in for longer periods of time and administer very close to the heart. The line goes up through the top part of the upper arm and into the chest. He also had a suction dressing put on his foot today which will remain there for 2-3 days at which point they will decide what to do about the skin graft.
    Thank you for being such a caring person JJ .. your comments are always well recieved & appreciated by me :) Hope all is well for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waiting for more good news on you and family.
    Thank you for visiting Katherine.

    ReplyDelete