My Beautiful People

Monday, May 13, 2013

Once Upon A Time - The Mag #168

photo by Togan Gokbaker


Once Upon A Time


He used to give me flowers
Now he gives me the shits
He used to say I love you
Now his love makin's on the fritz

We used to go out dancing
And now we only go play craps
We used to stay up from dusk till dawn
But now we need to take our naps

Once my breasts were pert and perky
Now like tea bags they dangle down
Once he had a lovely head of hair
Now there's nothing on his crown

He used to want me all the time
Now he can't get far enough away
We used to hold hands in public
Now we smoke and have nothing to say

I really don't know what happened
But things changes along the way
Yet we're so used to being together
That together we will stay!

By KMF

Inspired by picture prompt from

16 comments:

  1. smiles...things do change...if we dont tend to them....familiarity opens the door to change a bit and then it becomes slippery...your humor eases it a bit in this but it is def a reality...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things do change but when there is real love at the core of it all, love still reigns strong! Thanks Brian :-)

      Delete
  2. Enough to put people off marriage for ever! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jinksy...not meant to be scarey, just my attempt at a little humour!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. :-( This is just a little tongue in cheek kinda humour, but in my community work I have come across couples like this!

      Delete
  4. This is a humorous take on the reality of getting older ... I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it Debeauvoir and Satre ?, perhaps she takes young lovers . Great writing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tis true and is sad...but not for all!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No definitely not for all... I was just having a little fun with he prompt! Thanks Anna

      Delete
  7. Very sad and often true, you even sometimes see people beginning their marriage like this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be true but fortunately I've not seen too much of this but I do remember a few older couples like this through community service working years.

      Delete
  8. I love your poetry and your humor. I also love the comments from your readers. However, I met my bride 46 years ago, and things have never been better! I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JJ...it's all just tongue in cheek, I'm sure you and your beloved bride are still very much in love. She is also blessed!

      Delete