
Sweet Summer, 1912, John William Waterhouse
"Some people are meant to fall in love but are not meant to be together."
"Some people are meant to fall in love but are not meant to be together."
Aware of her own existence and longingly dreaming about his, she lay exposed and vulnerable under a sultry summertime spell. Her secret garden was a verdant oasis. A place that lent itself to her seductive daydreaming. Although present in body, her mind was lost in reverie. She was lost in another place and time. Her indulgent thoughts caused her great frustration, for what she longed for her body could not make claim.
If only her lust, her hapless passion and her love could bring him to her, she would lay forever happy in his arms.
Nice dreams :)xx
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Deleteah, all those pent up feelings and nothing to do with them...the longing is palpable in this one....
ReplyDeleteThanks Brian...that's the feeling I was aiming for. Hope all's well...cheers Kath
DeleteHmmm ... almost struck a little too close to home with this.
ReplyDeletePowerful writing, Katherine.
Hope you're doing well.
[I'm making my sporadic visits as time - and other stuff - permits]
I'm doing just fine thanks Rick & I hope the same for you. Life gets crazy busy sometimes, doesn't it. I've not had a lot of time for blogging either this year but I am still here. It's sporadic visits for me also. Have a great week.
ReplyDelete