My Beautiful People

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Birth of a New Day!

What to Do....What to Do! Another day gone, another beginning!

It's an early rise for me this morning. Not forcibly so but by choice.
The morning sun is filtering through the timber blinds, catching the dust particles as it passes through & warming my back. It is so quiet I can hear the birdlife outside, through the closed window panes. So beautiful! How I love to listen to the birds. I think to myself how much we need to be more like birds & greet the day more like they do with a song in our heart. Happy at the birth of a new day.

I remember the hazy skies & warm winds that blew all day yesterday & pray that the stillness of the tress outside are an indicator that yesterday will not be replicated today. Yesterday left me with a depressive feeling ... the air was awful to breathe & it felt like there was a heavy blanket lying over the top me most of the day, keeping my mood supressed.

My husband has gone early today so I lay here by myself mulling over many thoughts in my head. Christmas is afoot & I think it is only 10 or so weeks away. I know everyone says this but how scary is that. Another year almost gone. The year 2009 is almost over. I think to myself where the bloody hell did it go.

I want things to slow down a tad. How come as a child a day seemed like a week, a week like a month & a month like a year. Bring me back those days! Time is what we all need more of & to me this seems quite bizarre in this age & time. We live in a world with so many conveniences, electric time saving devices, more fast & efficient ways of doing things. All of this is supposed to give us more time but does it? Nup, it doesn't!

I often think to myself I that I was born a generation or 2 too late. I feel like I am more of an old world type of person. I think that my personality would have suited less technologically advanced times.

Well , there is no harm in the art of pondering. My reality is the here & now. I have made a concious decision to be like the birds singing outside my window & greet this day with a song in my heart. Tweet! Tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment