
I can see her!
The little one of all those years ago.
I see her black curly hair, her cheeky blue eyes & her little face that was speckled with freckles from hours playing out in the QLD sun!
She had so much excitable energy, an innocence that only a child can possess & all this was budled up in one little parcel that was Katherine.
She was not like her sister, whom was pretty, smart & sweet in nature.
She was a tom boy ... a little girl that loved playing in mud, catching bugs, building cubbies & climbling trees.
Her childhood was one big imaginarium of fun & games.
She loved escaping into her world of make believe.
One day she was Freda from Abba, another she was a vet, an explorer, a doctor, a nurse, a teacher, a builder ... you name it, she was it!
Everything was an adventure. An exciting & new experience.
Thoughts of inadequacy, of self doubt, of self loathing were a non issue in those days, cause they simply didn't exist.
I wonder to myself where these self depreciating thoughts began.
I wonder how a child whom was raised in a calm & loving enviroment by a wonderful mother could via away from the confident, carefree child of all those years ago!
I think that excitable, adventurous little girl is still in there
If I can just peel away the layers I think I may find that she is still & buried beneath, I may just find her!
Wouldn't it be just grande if there was a pill to restore, self respect & self worth?
I guess that would be too easy & there would be no lessons to be learned from a quick fix like that!
I will find her!
No comments:
Post a Comment