My Beautiful People

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Work, Weddings & a Whirl Wind Life

My Grandmother & cousin Kate
The newly weds Kate & Christian
Holly, Grace, Matthew, Patrick, Madeline, Josie & Timmy
St Josephs Church
Me, my brother Patrick & my sister Alice


It has been some time since I've had the time to visit my blog. Life itself, has been all consuming. I have been well, all except for a root canal treatment on one of my molars but besides that I am all good.
I have just come back to Brisbane from celebrating the marriage of one of my younger cousins in Mackay, North QLD. It was such a beautiful occasion & it was also a great opportunity to catch up with the extended family. Besides the wedding, one of the highlights was seeing my 95 year old grandmother again. She is doing so well considering her age. It was absolutely delightful to see her settled & living happily in the nursing home. She seems very comfortable & the staff in the home are just wonderful.
Well... I thought I would share some photos of this adventure with you.
I hope that this post finds all my blogger friends happy and well. I have not forgotten you and although my posts may not be as frequent as they once were, I just wanted you to know that I am still here. Have a great week!!!


14 comments:

  1. Glad you're alright dear Katherine, and thanks for the comment. Please don't worry.
    Hope everyday brings you more joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so good to hear from you...sounds like you have ahd a busy summer...great pics! and glad that root canal is behind you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family, I had wondered where you had gone lately, as I have been busy- beautiful beautiful family, like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katherine: How lovely a wedding! Everyone is glowing! Much joie de vivre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very happy and pretty in the picture. I'm glad you're enjoying your summer and keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, katherine, thanks for sharing the beautiful photos along with the news as to what you've been up to :) your grandmother is stunning, all the family so bright and happy. how great to see the shot of you, patrick and alice!! glad to know that you're doing well, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dean thank you for your kind words & I hope the same joy visits your days also. Have a great week..take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Katherine! Good to read you had a wonderful time - it shows in your photos! Lovely family, and what a nice occasion to be able to see your grandmother again. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monkey man thank you kindly. It is good to be back.

    Hi Brian... well part one of the root canal is behind me & I do believe that that part is the worst. Next I go to get it filled with the white filling (whatever that is) and a cap. More money $$$$ It is actually winter here in Australia and I will be glad when spring arrives. Have a great week Brian.

    Hello Elizabeth... how very kind you are. I do have a wonderful family, I love them all very much. Life has been rather hectic of late & it is hard to swallow that it is already almost August...before long it will be Christmas again. Hope all is well..have a great week and thanks for your lovely comment as always. xx

    Gidday Jingle...thank you. We had plenty of fun at the wedding and thereafter. Lots of smiling & laughter. It's always good for reviving the soul. I think I need more!!! Have a great week Jingle and thanks for your comment.

    Hiya Chiccoreal.. it was indeed a beautiful wedding. We had a wonderful time catching up with all my family, some of whom I haven't seen in such a long time. Thanks for your lovely comment. Have a wonderful week.

    Hey there BV. Thank you for your sweet compliment. There was lots to smile about over the weekend, it was a lovely celebration. I hope all is well with you... take care and have a fabulous week. Cheers from Oz

    Hi Sheri.. it's my pleasure. I am pleased you enjoyed the photos. Yes, I agree, my grandmother does look wonderful in these photos. She really is doing very well for her age. It is just such a pity that her mobility isn't as sharp as her mind. As she would say herself " You must be grateful for small mercies" She may not have her legs but she still has her mind. Thank you for your lovely comment Sheri...have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing well thanks Rick, just a little tired from so many late nights & early mornings but that is a small price to pay for such a wonderful time, I reckon. Funny, when your young late nights are the norm & you bounce back easily. For some reason things change as you get older. The bounce back is more of a creep back.
    I had so many photos to catch up on in your blog. I managed to comment on a few but not all. They are all magnificent as is of course what I expect. It looks as though you had a wonderful holiday, thats for sure.
    Anyways...take care... have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time. Nice pictures! Must have been a great feeling to see your Grandmother again. Glad the root canal is over. I just hope you won't have to meet the Dentist again.
    Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it wonderful to spend time with family that live a ways away. You and your siblings certainly have a family resemblance. Nice job on the photos.

    ReplyDelete