My Beautiful People

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Day at the Coast


It was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a drive and we ended up one & half hours south of Brisbane at the gorgeous Tweed Coast. Just over the QLD & NSW border. The weather was spectacular as you can see from the photos. I only wish we could have stayed a few more days.






16 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous pictures...i wanna go i wanna go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. splendid photographs, vivid perfection.

    Ditto to Brian's comment.

    Need say enjoy,

    Nice holiday for sure,
    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am constantly amazed at the photos you offer up from the beautiful down under, katherine. i honestly would have never guessed that it looks more like hawaii than i had ever imagined!!
    thanks for sharing, i wished you could have stayed longer, as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine?
    WOW!!!
    These pic are fantastic!
    You Rock The Land Down Under Baby!
    Thanks for nailing me first today, you shouls have screamed YAHTZEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine, thanks for visit and kind words. I read your previous post about your grandmother. It is a lovely tribute. All I have to say is this: Don't hold back your tears! Let them fall and let them fall with love!

    I know. We lost my Dad last month and holding back tears of sadness, tears of joy, tears of remembrance isn't noble, courageous, or strong. We have to let go in our lives in many ways. Letting those tears go is just human and filled with kindness and love. Even as she is still with you, those tears will give you strength in the days, months and years to come.

    I wish peace to you and your family...

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day you had, these pictures are beautiful......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Brian you really must some day! It is a beautiful country, there is still so much of it that I have not seen. I'm glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joanny .. thanks for your comment. It was a one day holiday but sometimes that is enough to revive the soul. It was such lovely weather too ... today is just as sunny but it is very chilly as we are mid winter and the southerly winds are a blowin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sheri...the beaches in QLD are absolutely gorgeous, especially the most southern beaches of Queensland and the northern beaches of New South Wales. We are very lucky. Thanks for your lovely comment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katherine let's out one almighty Ozzie scream "YAHTZEE" ... can you hear it G-Man! Glad you like my happy snaps ... I will definitely be posting more. Need to get out like that much more often. There is so much beauty out there to be seen & captured. Have a great day G-Man

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Rick..thank you ever so much for your lovely words too. I actually did have a cry but I did it in the shower where no one could see me. My Mum & brother were also staying at her house & I didn't want to upset them, especially my brother because he has a disability & is epileptic.
    But all of what you write is so very true & I couldn't agree with you more. I do recall reading about your fathers passing and my heart goes out to you & your family. I know it must be terribly hard. Anyways..take care Rick & thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thanks you dear Bernie ... I am pleased you enjoyed looking at them. Hope all is well, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stopped by last night but as it was late and I wanted to look a little longer I left it till this evening when I had more time. Lovely views of a lovely place Katherine! That shimmering water looks so inviting, even though you said it's cold there!

    (funny how you mention the southerly wind as being chilly - and we say the same thing about the northerly winds!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are gorgeous photos Katherine, love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a wonderful getaway! I hope you are refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Rick... it was definitely too cold for a swim but there were some people game enough to brave the chilly waters. Yeh the winds are south westerly winds, it's always very windy at this time of the year.

    Hiya Dave... thanks for your lovely comment. Yes it is a very beautiful stretch of beach.

    Yes it was a lovely day and it is amazing how even one day in paradise can revive ones soul. We are thinking about going back before peek season hits and stay for a week or two. Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete