My Beautiful People

Monday, October 1, 2012

AN ODD COLLECTION - Mag # 137

AN ODD COLLECTION
Mag # 137


( It Must Be Time For Lunch Now, 1979, by Francesca Woodman)
A frightened child
She cowers down
Partially covering her face
She shy's away
From the world outside
Hiding in this isolated space
She keeps an odd collection
Within the walls of this cold room
She has a strange compulsion
Of hoarding silver forks and spoons
She lays them out like trophies
A perculiar collection most would say
She lines them up on the window sill
In a very strange display
Inspired by photo prompt @ Magpie Tales

25 comments:

  1. you know this makes me think of my aspie kid i used to work with...peculiar but def special as well if someone will enter their world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first thing I thought of when I looked at the picture. I guess my poem is a reflection of the world that I work in everyday. Thanks for reading Brian and for your comment. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful ... eloquent in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your poem, I can see this clearly in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn for coming by and reading my Magpie and for your comment, it's much appreciated! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Katherine,

    Good to see you back here - thought you had left blogland for good. Very interesting reading the poems in your last posts - very poignant and thought-provoking, and makes me think about the story behind the words and photos.

    Thanks for dropping by. I hope you're doing well and not quite as busy these days.

    Have a splendid week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick, Yeh it's been a while between posts and life has been very busy, extremely eventful& most challenging. It's long story and one for another time,I think!
      Thanks for your warm welcome back and for your comment, it's much appreciated.Wishing you a splendid week also. Cheers Kath

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed your poem and this image of a child in a strange kind of isolated play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine:

    Warm welcome back... your poetry is still strong and poignant. Love the (Rhythm) the movement between words, and it was clever the way you used rhyming - to my mind at least I always associate rhymes with children. Nothing childish about this poem very sophisticated in an understated way.
    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanny, Thank you so very much for your lovely comment and for your warm welcome back. I hope all have been well in your part of the world.Have a great day, cheers Kath.

      Delete
  7. will be back to read some other posts of yours,,,

    joanny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a little Magpie to me! Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Odd collection....odd photo, but great poem! Glad to see you back Katherine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie, glad you liked it! And thanks for the welcome back!

      Delete
  10. Reminds me of my daughter's home when we first found her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very blessed you all were that you did find her! Hope all's well JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds a lot like me! So nice to see you back at Magpie, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Tess, it's nice to be back too. Have a great weekend, Cheers Kath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your poem goes perfectly with the photo. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your new post disappeared...know you were seen...smiles...hope you are well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian I'm good...yes I was having a few problems with my Blog...all seems good again. Hope alls well for you too!

      Delete