I am now 11 years younger.
It is my 10th Wedding Anniversary and I arrive home from work knowing that my husband & I are going out to celebrate our special day with a nice dinner out.
After dropping the children off to my mothers he takes a piece of fabric & blindfolds me with it. The inquisition begins & I ask him question after question trying to find out what's going on. He's not going to give anything away, keeping whatever he's up to, a surprise. I finally give up & enjoy the drive which seems to go on for ages. The car stops, he asks me to wait , opens the door & takes me by the arm. He guides me into a building, warning me with every step what lies ahead..... guiding me over & up steps, wholes in the ground, rocks, path edges etc...still not allowing me to take off the blindfold. My heart is in my mouth, beating like never before, the anticipation is welling within and I almost can't breath with the excitment & mystery of the moment. My head is dizzy, I am not sure if it's because I lack my sense of sight at this moment or if it is a symptom of the thrill of the situation.
The building is quiet, not a sound to be heard. I can hear the blood rushing through the vessels in my ears & which makes me aware of the rythym of my heart, which was beating like crazy.
We pause & his arms gently wrap around my waist, I can smell him & feel the warmth of his body close to mine. The quiet room comes to life with the sound of music. A familiar song begins to play, its our wedding song. He takes the blindfold off & the first things I see is his beautiful eyes looking into mine. I can feel his heart beating against mine, we beat almost in time, which indicates to me that he is as moved by the experience as I am. We danced, my eyes welled with tears of love & appreciation for this beautiful, unforgettable display of love. His display of his love, for Me!
As we dance I look around the candle lit room & see a small dining table, delicately set for a romantic dinner for two. In this moment I am transported back in time again, back another 11 years to 1984 where we kissed for the first time. The kiss that began our journey of love together. Our first kiss at the highschool dance. I realise that we are in the Paloma Centre.
How did he make this evening happen. We were the only 2 souls in the building.
After we finish dancing he kissed me so delicately, it could have been that first kiss.
He led me to the table & once seated, a chef (who was a friend of Eddies) came to the table. He served us up a meal that I will never forget.
We laughed & talked for hours. Once dinner was finished, I expected that we were going home. He started to head for the city. He told me what we were doing. He had booked a night in the Hotel where we had spent our wedding night.
He made me feel like I was the centre of the universe, there was not another soul in the world but me. His display of love made me feel like the most loved & adored woman to ever walk this earth. I will never forget this day for as long as I live.
No comments:
Post a Comment