
I discovered a blog a few weeks ago called Pipecleaner Dreams & it really was quite by accident. I decided to visit there again today & catch up on this amazing ladies most recent blog entries.
Her words so heart felt & so beautifully written, they leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling. She is really quite remarkable. Her dedication, her positive attitude & her capacity to love seems immeasurable. There is so much to be learned from people like her & how wonderful would this world be if there were more like her!
After an hour of reading her blog, I close the window & feel quite differently about my experiences over the last few weeks. I imagine all the hurdles that she must face on a daily basis & try to compare my situation with hers. And what I discover is that it is impossible to compare because there really is no comparison. She is simply amazing!
I think to myself.... she is a living angel!
Her words so heart felt & so beautifully written, they leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling. She is really quite remarkable. Her dedication, her positive attitude & her capacity to love seems immeasurable. There is so much to be learned from people like her & how wonderful would this world be if there were more like her!
After an hour of reading her blog, I close the window & feel quite differently about my experiences over the last few weeks. I imagine all the hurdles that she must face on a daily basis & try to compare my situation with hers. And what I discover is that it is impossible to compare because there really is no comparison. She is simply amazing!
I think to myself.... she is a living angel!
Oh Katherine, thank you very much for your kind words, but I am NOT an angel. I am, however, the luckiest person in the world.
ReplyDeleteWhy? Because of the privilege of raising four (soon to be five) unique and wonderful children.
It would be so easy to be negative given all the medical issues, all the school battles, and the daily struggles My children and I face because of their disabilities. But I have refused to travel that path.
My children will know the joy and beauty of life because I choose to share it with me. And because of that, my life is pretty darn incredible!!!
Thanks again,
Deborah (Ashley's Mom)
You may not be an angel in the celestial sense of the word but I am sure that your 5 uniquely wonderful children would agree with me that you are an angelic human being.
ReplyDelete