He lays here next to me, sound asleep. He never struggles to find peace in the quietness of sleep. His mind deep in slumber & I wonder where his dream realm takes him in the night. He never speaks of dreams & says that he rarely has them. And if he has them cannot recall them!
Is it possible that there may be people out there that don't dream?
It is a very rare night indeed that my sleep is free from dreams or nightmares. Dream-free nights are few & far between.
Sometimes my dreams take me to the same places. I dream that I am in the same house which is surrounded by beautiful cottage gardens. Outside the perimeters of my fenced yard is a deep, dark forest. This place is like no other place I have ever seen before at least in the waking hours of my life.
Why is this? Why is it that my dreams keep taking me to these places & why do they seem so familiar to me ? There must be an answer!
Ok my eyes are getting heavier now...might just give getting to sleep another go. I am really so very tired.
Goodnight sweet ladies & Gentlemans!!!
Hi there, thanks for your visit and kind words.
ReplyDeleteMy husband says the same thing about dreaming and I like you have dreams like this. Sometimes I think, maybe this was my home in Heaven..before I came to earth! LOL :D
i know what you are saying...some things just can't be figured out and dreams are one of those things! i am one of those who barely dream but i waken often to look at the clock...no wonder i can't dream ;)
ReplyDeletesleep well...may you find your answer when you close your eyes...
ReplyDeleteI used to dream about the same thing all the time, catching fish in a pond...not any more.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you handle with your dreams more relaxingly and rationally.
Happy Monday!
Think happy thoughts, dream happy dreams.
I don't dream regularly. They only seem to come with some meaning or forcast. I dn't know what that is about, but I do know that most of the time sleep with blank thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Julie.. I really did enjoy your mothers day post! Now that is a nice way to think of it! I just wonder what the dark forest surrounding the cottage means. Thanks for coming over for a visit,your welcome here any time.
ReplyDeleteSheri...you must be a busy woman, lots to do! I used to be like that when I worked night shifts nursing. My body clock never did adjust to the weird hours. Hope you have a lovely day Sheri!
ReplyDeleteHi Brian..it is now morning. I didn't find any answers in my sleep but a runny nose, sore throat & itchy eyes found me. Think I've caught whatever the boys have had. C'est la vie ! Hope you have a great day Brain!
ReplyDeleteCheers Jingles ... I always try to stay positive in mind..but some days...Well, you know! Yesterday was one of those days. I put a scratch (albeit a smallish one) on the side of our new car. I have been driving old cars for years & never once dented or scratched any on them. Yesterday I broke that run of good luck. I was just so annoyed with myself.
ReplyDeleteToday's a new day & although I feel sick today, I am over the scratch!! Have a great day Jingles!!
Hey there Champ! I don't mind the dreams so much but I can do without the nightmares. When I have nightmares I wake feeling like I've run a marathon, like I never slept at all!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming for a visit..I hope you have a wonderful day! Cheers Champ .. Kath
I think everyone dreams and that they just forget them
ReplyDeleteps, thanks for your visit & I really appreciates your comments very much. I am curious of one thing - do meant to call me Emily or did you mistakenly left a comment on the wrong blog? anyway, it's no big deal to me
here's the blog that you've left the comments: http://thememoryofrain.blogspot.com/
Oh I feel like such a goose...Your name is Lissa...I think I must have been looking at the name above the comment box when writing the comment & that is Emily Dickson (the poet's name)...sorry sorry sorry!!!
ReplyDeleteBut I do so love your sketches lovely 'Lissa'.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
You wrote such a nice comment about us at Otin's place that I wanted to come over and meet you. Thank you for sharing in our happiness. It means a lot to both of us.
ReplyDeleteI very rarely remember my own dreams. They're gone within a few minutes of waking. :(
Thank you Blue Violet for coming over for a visit...it is a pleasure to meet you! It makes me happy when i see or hear of others happiness. I think it is so wonderful that you found each other here.
ReplyDeleteYou dream almost every night? Wow. I'll dream sometimes, but usually it's in that grey area between waking and sleeping (almost always in the morning.)
ReplyDeleteDo the repeated images have attached emotion? Does the forest frighten or the cottage reassure? It's all very interesting. Part of me would like to dream more, but I suppose it's a two-edged sword!
Sorry for what happened, Well, we simply make silly mistakes at times, forgive yourself,
ReplyDeletethink about it: you are healthy and strong, you have loved one along, money is not important, car with a scar is okay, go beyond perfection.
stay cool,
Be positive,
Happy Tuesday!
You Deserve Happiness!
Yep I do dream 'a lot' Mr Pickleworth & I don't remember a time when it wasn't like this for me. As a child my dreams were so vivid they felt almost real.
ReplyDeleteAbout 3/4 of my dreams are just nonsense but the other 1/4 are repetitive & at times they can seem frightening real & I can recall them in great detail.
I do feel frightened by the forest & have never made it past the fence in my dream. The cottage feels safe, I like how it feels there.
I just hate those (nightmarish dreams though) they leave me feeling flat & edgy throughout the waking hours.
I know your right Jingle & it was silly of me to have reacted like that!
ReplyDeleteIf my husband had done it, I wouldn't have been concerned one little bit. I am always harder on myself.
I am over it though ... as you say a car with a scar is OK.
okay that was just beautiful....even with the scary....you have a talent!
ReplyDelete"To dream, perchance to sleep - ay, there's the rub." (Hamlet)
ReplyDeleteEveryone dreams - we'd go mad if we didn't (torture technique). But most people can't recollect them because dreams die very quickly when you wake up, unless you make a concerted effort to remember them.
But sweet dreams are a blessing, so may you be blessed abundantly!
Welcome Georgie...thanks for popping over for a read. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteRick you have a talent that you are not fully sharing with us. What an eloquently worded comment, I think there may well be a writer in you, as well as a photographer.
ReplyDeleteHow about it?
And may you also be blessed abundantly!!
I have very vivid dreams. Usually they are strange and not grounded in reality. Things that just don't make sense in real life. I can still remember dreams from my childhood. And yes, I have occasionally had the same dream I've had before. There are so-called dream experts who say that dreams have meaning. But I don't pay attention to it.
ReplyDeleteI read your comment above...sorry you woke up sick. That's a bummer.
ReplyDeleteBack to your post...I too am up blogging instead of going to sleep. My reasons...sick kiddo that keeps coughing. Must be something going around? Spring, change of seasons?
Hey Matty... I remember some of my childhood dreams too ... It's nice to know that it is not just my head that behaves this way in slumber. When you dream like this do you wake feeling tired Matty?
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful day!
Oh no CopMama I hope that your little one gets better quickly, it's not nice seeing them sick!
ReplyDeleteI am feeling slightly better this evening.. thanks for your well wishes!
Dream on...I hear it's good for you.
ReplyDeleteI used to have that old recurring dream--you know--running away from something, and "it" keeps gaining, but never catches me, and I wake up.
No longer dream...Now I day-dream. In first grade, Sr Rose Gertrude always said I daydreamed too much--grin!
Nice Post. Thanks!
Hey Steveroni.. Keep on day-dreaming...you're allowed now... there is no Sr Rose to stop you now. How are you feeling after your surgery? or hasn't it happened yet? Hope all is well?
ReplyDelete