My Beautiful People

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Friday 55 ( plus 4) - Rainy Day


Blue skies hide behind billowy clouds
The sun 's been smothered out
It's dark, it's cold, it's good for sleep
The luring call of my nice warm bed is almost at full shout

I want to crawl back in between the sheets
And curl into a ball but..
I have to shower & dress for work
Cause duty has it's call

Friday 55

16 comments:

  1. Katherine - This is exactly 55. Hope you don't mind the edit, but I have nothing better to do.

    Blue skies hide behind billowy clouds
    he sun 's been smothered out
    It's dark, cold and good for sleep
    The luring call of my warm bed is at full shout

    I want to crawl back between the sheets
    And curl into a ball but..
    I have to shower and dress for work
    Cause duty calls

    My 55 is HERE .

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl, i hear you!! good for you for not giving in and going back to bed BUT i'm hoping the weekend holds some rain for you so that you can enjoy that bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack. love staying in bed on rainy days...perhaps let the naswering machine pick up when duty calls back. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny - and coincidental - we both post about work today. Mine has a slightly different twist. Your '55' is wonderful and captures that feeling so well - as does your photo! But your weekend has arrived - so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello you clever Monkey Man you!!! I did try for quite some time shorten it to 55 but couldn't & it all took was a little visit from Mr Monkey to get the job done. Thank You! I do wish that you lived closer by because there is plenty I could give you to do here. Too few hours & so much to be done. Have a great weekend Monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you Anthony you're too sweet for saying so! I hope you're wife is recovering quickly from her accident & that bub is doing well also. Have a great weekend.. I hope to catch up on some reading this weekend, so I will visit your blog sometime in the next few days... cheers K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh believe me when I say this Sheri ... it was very hard indeed. But I couldn't let my client down, she was counting on me to get her where she needed to go & I ended up having a lovely day anyway. Hope all is well.. have a great weekend Sheri!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you Brian but I think I am too responsible for my own good. Contemplation about a day in bed was indeed short lived ... I would have suffered a huge guilt trip if I had allowed myself to lay in. There will be other rainy days!! Have a wonderful weekend Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heya Rick...Haven't got over to your place yet today but will be soon to have a look-see & a read. Thanks for you comment but I will confess that the photo is not mine, I can't claim ownership to that...I got it from google images.
    Have a wonderful weekend ... cheers Kath :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved rainy days back then when I was a kid. Too much rain meant no school. But, that changed really fast. My mom always managed to get me out of the house no matter what.
    Great 55. Have a nice day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Call in sick and have a bed and movie day.

    Mine's up too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr Stupid.. can I have another name by which to call you? You are far from stupid. Us Mums are so good at getting our children to do what is needed. Thanks for your comment ... have a wonderful day :)

    Hey Gillian ... it's too late, I have already been to work & come home. I ended up having a great day anyhow, so I am pleased I made the effort. Have a wonderful weekend Gillian!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so true!!! I totally know that feeling. Thank goodness it's FRIDAY! :-)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey CM .. thanks for coming over for a visit .. it is now Saturday here is the land of OZ. Saturday lunchtime!!! Have a lovely evening & weekend.

    ReplyDelete