My Beautiful People

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chanticleer - Magpie 39


Chanticleer

Let me tell you a tale
Of a feathery kind
About King Chanticleer
A cock that was one of a kind

He was the king of the coop
That was easy to see
In his harem of hens
There was only one 'HE'

He had so many wives
In his harem of chooks
There was Penny & Henny
Dulcy, Lucy & Brook

Yep..He was head honcho
He had so much to do
To keep his wives happy
Plus the farmers wife too!

He'd get up before sunrise
Sit up high on the shed
And sing a loud wake up song
That could awaken the dead

Cock-a-doodle-doo

Cock-a-doodle-doo

Cock-a-doodle-doo

By KMF

Written for Magpie Tales

25 comments:

  1. smiles. if he just was not so happy that he crowed all night...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile back at ya Brian...Well he is after all a very busy rooster with all those women in his harem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky guy..his fate was handed to him on a platter..clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harem? I don't think so. I'm just a simple King, with one wife and three daughters, and I'm starting to lose my feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the life,that's crystal clear...it's good to be Chanticleer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky guy I would say ... wonderful Magpie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyn... yep pretty lucky I reckon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey King JJ! You are a very rare, monogamous type rooster then aren't you?? Being featherly challenged isn't necessarily a bad thing, I reckon!! Hale King Featherless JJ of Lady Kingdomdon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeh King JJ... I am the simple queen of my queendom here in Mandomdon .. I have 1 husband and 3 sons!! Well and truly outnumbered am I too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rene & Helen...yep Chanticleer surely got the long end of the stick compared to his lady companions, I would think!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha - wonderful whimsical post Katherine ! We used to have one similar to this fellow and he was equally 'lucky'.

    Enjoy the last of your weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katherine: I am definitely a monogamous type rooster - and proud of it! Have a happy, peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. no need of blue pills for the stallion there, uh?? nice mag!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like he rules the roost : ) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha - funny stuff...

    Too many wives, too much trouble.. ;)

    very cute and nicely written Katherine...

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice one, Katherine.

    best regards,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know a lot of men that wish they could be this rooster

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Rick.. yes he be one very lucky rooster!! We thankfully had a nice relaxing weekend. I know your having yourself a lovely time going by the lovely photos you've been posting.

    Kristen Haskell.. thank you very much!

    JJ ... I'm glad to hear that. Hope you're having a lovely week.

    willow .. yes... one very happy & contented king!

    Tumblewords .. ha!ha!ha! Have a nice day :)

    Lady Cat... yes he certainly does rule the roost...like most males wish they did!! Ha ha!!

    Anthony.. I'm afraid even though I am a wife myself that I would have to agree with you there. Too much of a good thing can in fact be dangerous!

    Dave..thanks very much.. glad you liked it!

    SY .. Yes, I do too!! Thanks for visiting & taking the time to read my Magpie.

    OJ Gonzalez-Cazares .. Ha ha..so funny..yep no blue pills required!

    ReplyDelete
  19. a tale from a poet who truly feels,
    lovely imagery.
    keep shining.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was such a creative take on the prompt...very entertaining read!

    Thanks for your comment :-) Sorry I don't get here very often.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey CM... no apologies necessary!! You can visit as little or as often as you want. You are a very busy woman these days! Thanks for your kind comment as always! Take care!

    ReplyDelete