My Beautiful People

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A walk in the garden!




We've had some really blah kinda weather here of late. Every weekend for the last month has been raining. Last weekend we decided we weren't going to let that get in the way of having some fun & for the first time in months we armed ourselves with our cameras and off we took ourselves to the mountains. It was just the medicine I needed.
We first had a mosey through the country markets, then went for a drive around the mountain and finished our day out at the Tambourine Botanical Gardens, one of my most favourite places to go and clear my mind of the cobwebs.
So here are some of the photos I took.. I have many more and will post them another day!
We got a lot of colour in an otherwise dreary kinda a day!






15 comments:

  1. gorgeous pics...love going out into nature to clear my mind as well...thanks for sweeping out some cobwebs with your pics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures, but I especially like the one of the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Katherine! A slice of Heaven. I can see myself lost in there somewhere, with a fly rod. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what truly amazing photos...you've captured the beauty that is our world perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty. Can't wait for the blooms to start bursting here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shade of pink is just amazing!

    And what kind of little bird is that? He's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments. The bird is called A Tawny Frogmouth Owl. He is beautiful isn't he. They don't normally sit out in the open like that during the day because they are nocturnal but it was a particularly dark day given the weather. We were lucky to capture him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovley pics. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great photos with amazing colors! I love the one perfect pink rose : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place Katherine - for your camera AND for your soul ! Beautiful shots - love them all !

    I hope things are looking up somewhat for you, and your brother and father-in-law. Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend, you are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for you're lovely comments. JJ I am sorry I've not been around of late. I have had lots of things happening in my personal life which I shall probably write about when I feel ready. I will most certainly be back when things have settled in my world. I am OK!
    Thank you for missing me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have come back to check on a recent post and it reminded me I did not thank you for the gorgeous photos. The capture of the moisture on the petals is wonderful. I can almost smell the fragrance.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Tom ... it is such a lovely garden .. I just wish I had been there about 4 weeks earlier when the agapanthus was in full bloom. I hope all is well in your world Tom!

    ReplyDelete