My Beautiful People

Monday, May 2, 2011

A long long wait - Magpie Tales #64

here i am with babe in arms


my day is almost done


i've tilled the soil


i've planted seeds


i've raced against the sun



the life of a cattle musterers wife


is not an easy life


the days are long


theres much to do


each days layden with new strife



it's an unforgiving place to dwell


i feel lonely and bereft


the land divides for miles each way


to the right & to the left

there is not another soul in sight


it's as isolating as can be


especially when my husbands gone


working this land of upredictable diversity



those weeks of waiting for his return


from mustering cattle in a far awat place


are perpetually long and hard to endure


I long to hold and see his face



By KMF

Inspired by photo prompt @ Magpie Tales

18 comments:

  1. Wow.....is all I can say Katherine, outstanding. Katherine e-mail when you can, I would lime to ask you a question. My e-mail is on my profile.

    I wish I had half your talent.

    Brady
    "Shady"

    ReplyDelete
  2. the words and photo go together perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working land can be very tiring, and very beautiful and fulfilling too. Sometimes I daydream about having lots of land to grow things on, it would be wonderful (and tiring)!
    Lovely poem Kat :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can feel her longing...and to be in an isolated place and away from her loved one is a hard place indeed...nicely spun katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the longing expressed within your words!

    I may not be able to say much beyond this since I've been staying all by my ownself since last over 20 years now.. I know how it feels; but not anymore!

    A very profound and beautifully spun piece!
    Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I liked this glimpse of a life so different. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very poignant piece. You expressed her struggles and longings so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You captured the look on her face and brought out a whole beautiful story. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katherine,
    This is rich with the description of hardship and isolation ... lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful poem, so descriptive of a difficult, lonely life few can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Loved your story/poem Katherine.
    I loved that pic as well.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for visiting.
    Hope everyone..specially your son are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very apt poem... can read all those emotions in her face.
    You captured it very well.
    And cool painting too.

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have captured the adversity and character of the time well Katherine! Love your new look here!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete