My Beautiful People

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Foundations




Come in for a while

Take time, look around

I'm a unique kind of construction

No others like me to be found


I'm forever changing

Inside and out

I'm always changing appearance

Of this theres no doubt


My foundations are sturdy

This is a fact

Thanks to the love a woman

Whom raised me like that


I have many flaws

Can't be perfect you know!

Though I know how to nurture

And like to help others grow


If life is the building

Then mines only half done

I'm still under construction

But that's half the fun





"D’verse Poets Pub is a place for poets and writers to gather to celebrate poetry"

21 comments:

  1. Yay! We can help so many grow, help them find their voice so they too can pen a piece such as this. I like the way you build! :) And thanks for linking up with dVersePoets...our combined voice grows ever louder! Raise your glass! :) I also think that maybe Mom was a pretty special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing write from an amazing talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still under construction
    But that's half the fun

    I'll toast to that fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this... it made me think of the phrase 'a work in progress'.. which I know we all are- we're ever changing which is a good thing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, hey? and a solid foundation is no small thing, it cuts the work of growing whole in half (speaking as a VERY late bloomer:)!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice...glad you keep that foundation and a fine nod to the one that raised you there...got my flaws as well...paint peeling a bit and maybe a crack or two but hey that makes us unique right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is great! And the uniqueness is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this. We're all under construction, and what a solid foundation you've received to help others grow. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes I agree constuction is have the fun, I'd prefer not to do the manual labor though..haha

    Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great perspective on how we develop through our lives. And kudos to she who poured your foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha yes - think we're under construction as long as we live...but being imperfect and never stop building is what makes life interesting...thanks for linking up with us katherine..raising my glass

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice write. I love the mention of having a sturdy foundation because of who raised you. Very playful and positive, nice poem in keeping with the construction theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Half the battle is knowing where one is at and your words express that very well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful words Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this --I really like the idea of being works in progress...and under construction. thanks for this.
    tom

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is very nice katherine... ;) we all have new "wings" under construction, dont we?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to thank you all very much for your wonderful comments... I truly appreciate each and every one them. I would have liked to have responded individually to each one of you but I'm in the midst of researching & writing assignment.. so time is a little stretched at the moment. Thank you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope I'm still under construction; I'd like to be down-sized!

    ReplyDelete
  19. a beautiful piece... excellent selection by the Everyday Goddess. truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, love it, love it! And congrats on your Goddess award!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eva... I'm sure you're beautiful just as you are.. thanks for visiting.

    Reflections that you & I wasn't aware I'd been given an award... how lovely!

    Hi Janine..thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete