My Beautiful People

Friday, August 19, 2011

A lovely Sunday drive!

A few week ends back my husband and I packed a picnic lunch and went for a drive, just the two of us, through the Gold Coast Hinterland, through the Numingbah Valley, Springbrook National Park to Kingscliff & Fingal Heads. It was a long drive but it was most definitely a beautiful one.

Below are just a few of the photos I took on that day. There are so many more. I guess I was a little trigger happy, which happens when I find myself in such breathtaking places.




This is the pathway through the rainforest nature strip that led to the stairs up to Fingal Head Lookout. Such a delightful walk, with such breathtaking surroundings. You could hear the seagulls ( of the sea) & the lorikeets ( of the rainforest) competing for air space. Mix that in with the sound of the rolling waves, it was nothing short of magical.





This is atop cliffs looking down onto the beach




Fingal Lighthouse - built in 1872

Looking out onto Cook Island

Couldn't help but take a photo of this rather cool looking pigeon. Just get a load of his mohawk!

On the beach at Kingscliff ... isn't it beautiful. Sadly most of the beach has been eaten away by king tides. This was just a little strip that was left. It will take time but the beach will rebuild itself, with a little help from mankind.


This is also Kingscliff




Heavenly clouds ... so beautiful!

9 comments:

  1. goodness i think you escaped to heaven...the view atop the cliffs is remarkable indeed...and through the palms...great trip you took us on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful drive, thanx for taking us along.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos - love the pigeon mohawk! I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Katherine... what a nice scenic drive. I love next to the water there. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are doing well. We are still having hot summer weather here in Indiana. The corn is tall and waiting to dry. Have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...what a lunch! Those views are breathtaking! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking photos...looks like paradise! You are a very talented photographer. Some of these look like they could be made into postcards.
    Thank you for the tip on the Angel book. I will look for it...sounds good : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a trip that was, Katherine - gorgeous scenery. Beautiful beaches with great surf, and love that mohawk ! Feel free to share more.

    Have a superb weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love the new site! I almost did not recognize your name on my blog feed LOL but then I saw your beautiful face! :) Glad you had such a nice time together...

    ReplyDelete