Between Heaven and Hell, 1989 by Jacek Yerka
These mud brick walls are safe and sound,
innocuous & blessed.
The world outsides a tumultuous realm,
of disorder and unrest.
Sometimes I see the wonderment,
of the beautiful world outside
Other times I see the ugliness,
And I want to stay and hide
The path to good or evil,
Can be a slippery slope
It's best to make good choices,
And live with love and hope.
With hope that things get better
The hope that war will end
That people will help eachother
That foes will become friends
Written by KMF
Inspired by picture prompt provided by
i hold onto that hope that things will get better and that wars will end....and always looking for the wonderment and beauty...smiles
ReplyDeleteIt's the wonderment and beauty that keeps hope alive! Thanks Brian :-)
DeleteKatherine ... I love this! Positive, upbeat!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you Helen..I'm pleased you liked it!
DeleteI learned over the years not to see ugliness - and it disappeared.
ReplyDeleteGreat picture. Terrific poem.
I hear you JJ! Thanks for sharing your wisdom :-) and thanks for the compliment too. :-)
Deletea wonderful poem! A great message for everyone!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Robyn. :-)
Deletesimply captivating....
ReplyDeleteManys thanks :-)
DeleteLovely write...nice to see you Katherine...
ReplyDeleteAh thankyou Tess... I'm pleased you liked it! Hope you've had a nice weekend.
DeleteLovely thought and verse.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteWhat lovely, heartfelt sentiments! I whole heartily agree!
ReplyDeleteThank you Betsy!
Delete