My Beautiful People

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Don't Wait To Say I Love You - The Mag # 207

 

"Don't wait to say I love you because tomorrow might be too late" 

 It had only been a month 
Since she had passed away
The pain that he was feeling
Stayed with him everyday

 He had loved her from the moment
That she let the place below
But he'd never shared his amour
And now she'd never know

They had become best buddies
They'd spent lots of time alone
But fear became the roadblock
That kept his love unknown

She was funny and creative
Her heart it shone like gold
She had a bubbly nature
She was a beauty to behold

They shared many interests
They both liked riding bikes
They both liked eating Italian
And going for weekend hikes

She could talk to him about anything
And he could do that too
He'd just wished he'd had the courage to say
The three words, "I Love You"

Written by KMF

Inspired by picture prompt by Tess
 

12 comments:

  1. ugh. its the words i dont say that scare me the most, you know....yes, we are not promised tomorrow and you dont want to miss that chance....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean Brian. I scare myself sometimes too!

      Delete
  2. Sad, almost tragic. Opportunities like that should not be missed - they can lead to a life of regrets. So good advice - tell them while you can.

    I hope all is going well with you Katherine.

    [not sure what happened to my original comment ...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick...I'm okay, although i am sick with infected tonsils at the moment. Very painful and annoying, I have been to the docs and have antibiotics to take, so I should be feeling much better in a few days. Both of your comments showed up, so it did make it!! Sometimes waiting for the right moment is the wrong thing to do. Sometimes it's best to just grab the bull by the horns so to speak and let it all out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful message your words contain ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. so emotional. great work, it flows well, and tells a great, though sad, story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, such a tragedy. You're rhyme and meter are flawless too.

    ReplyDelete