Life! Fragile, complex, beautiful, hard, scary & wonderful....Every life , important & special to those lives intermingled with it!
No one knows! None of us know when life will end. Our own life, the life of our partner, our siblings, the lives of our children, our parents, grandparents, friends or other loved ones. This is one stage in the circle of life that most of us have no power over.
The power we do have is in the living years. The years between our first breath & our last! We have to make these years count. Leave our mark, so that others remember that we lived.
Some people leave their mark in a grande old way but for me I just want people to remember me with fond thoughts. Remember me as a good & caring person.
Throughout the course of my life, through the experiences that life have served up to me, I have grown to realise that life although filled with complexities is truly amazing. You don't have to be the most beautiful, the most able, the most talented, the most intelligent, the most powerful, or the richest to leave your mark in the hearts & minds of others.
It's the little things that count the most, at least that is what I believe. The kind gestures, the kind words, the conversations, the sharing of special moments, the warm greeting smile, the recognition of anothers presence, a good turn or a willingness to help others, is what I believe that people remember.
What do you think?
The older I get, the more I appreciate the little things and life in general. We get so busy that sometimes we miss the simple pleasures.
ReplyDeleteIt is said that people might not remember what you said or did, but they will never forget how you made them feel. A small, simple gesture could make a huge difference to someone.
I know what you mean Matty..as we get older there is a realization of what is really important in life hey! Hope your having a good week & all the best for what left of this week! Cheers Kath
ReplyDeleteoh, yes, i certainly agree with you! it breaks my heart to know that it took so long for me to find a place of peace and a better outlook. but then, i'm supposing that it is NEVER too late to begin the dance!
ReplyDeleteNope it's never too late Sheri! My thinking about many things has changed over the last decade as a result of life altering events. I think prior to that I took a lot of things for granted.
ReplyDeleteyeah, i like that...life is here to be lived and tasted, experienced///at least that is what i try to do every day...
ReplyDeleteYes I can see that about you Brian .. it shows in your writing!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. My mark is my devotion to God and others as well as perserverance. I want to people to c that it is okay do right by others. Recognitions comes when God chooses ur eternal home. I'm just tryna, put my bid in. Good Read!
ReplyDeleteI think you've summarized it pretty well Katherine - I think that's the way God intended his world to run when He made it. Too bad we let so much get in the way when He put everything we need on earth. And no one will ever say at the end of their lives - I wish I had spent more time at the office! My mother recently said that we're all just one heartbeat away from eternity - sobering thought.
ReplyDeleteOh thanks Champ & your bid is good! Thanks for visiting & for your lovely comments, as always..hope your having a lovely day Champ!
ReplyDeleteYour mother is a wise woman Rick..a sobering thought indeed. It's no wonder you are the man you are today having grown up with such wisdom surrounding you!
ReplyDelete