My Beautiful People

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Natural Talent!


My eldest son is an amazing artist. I have yet to see a medium that he can't work with. I often wonder where he gets this talent from because I am most definitely lacking in the area of creativity.
It's possible the day I was born god ran out of creativity bones & gave me an extra helping of caring bone. Maybe this was his was all part of a long term plan for me , to ready me for everything that lay ahead. His father is a clever man & is good with his hands but in a different way. His talent is with all things wood. So I guess there is a possibility he may have got some of his talent from his father.


My son is what many refer to as naturally gifted in all areas of art, a natural talent.
From as far back as I memories will allow me to travel I can recall a little cherubic boy, with rose bud lips & a head full of dark springy ringlets of hair.... sitting on the floor with paper & pencils always at the ready. He could sit for hours and draw perfect, perfect pictures. Even when we would go out in the car he would have to bring along his own little kit of special things. Inside this kit were pencils, paper (lots of it), ninja turtles & his dinosaurs.

Although extremely talented in this area he has also had a to face a terrible amount of hurdles with the sufferance of mental illness. It has been a long road to acceptance of having this but he is now on the road to understanding, accepting & living with this illness. He is learning to realise that he has an illness & that he is not the illness.

His passion has shifted over the years from drawing to movie production. There is still an element of drawing involved with this though with his storyboarding but he has also become quite creative with set design & building, prop creation, make-up, costume design, filming, photography & editing. He is a perfectionist at what he does & has magnificent attention for detail.

Many have noticed his talent but due to his illness he has been unable to make the most of opportunities that have come his way.

I pray that now he is recovering & learning to manage his illness that he gets his rewards and is able to find work in the field he so loves. Because this is how it should be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment