My Beautiful People

Friday, February 26, 2010

Reunited!

Well it's the night before the eve of my highshool reunion. It has been 25 years since since I last entered the front gates of the college & yet I can remember it like it was yesterday.
So I sit here now ... close my eyes & I am entering the gates once again. I can envisage in my minds eye exactly how it looked back then. I can recall all the faces, some of them friendly & others not so friendly.
I remember the clicks, the groups of friends huddled together in their favourtie hang outs! I've just walked past the tuckshop, I look to my right & I see the stairs that lead down to Mr Berends Coffee shop & also to the boy who stole my heart. To the left I see the beautiful, friendly faces of my friends playing basketball & sitting up against the wall of A Block chatting away. Oh I do like how this feels. Wow!! We all look so young...we're fresh faced & bright eyed. How amazing would it be to have the wisdom & the knowledge of the last 25 years & make a trip back in time to visit that younger me. Oh my there are so, so many things I would tell myself.

I would say: Katherine

Accept yourself just the way your are.

Don't listen to the words of those whom don't have your best interests at heart.

Have more faith in your abilities.

Don't be afraid of trying new things because your scared of failure.

It is OK to be the person you are, ... you don't have to be societies vision of what it thinks is perfection.... you are beautiful & worthwhile just as you are!

You have a lot to offer ... don't sit in the backseat!

If people say nasty things to you ... know within yourself that these things hold no truth ... shake it off like water off a ducks back.

Sometimes I wish I could go back, even just for a day and show my gratitude to some very special people. I would tell them how much their friendship meant to me then & now! I would tell them the same things I would tell myself.

Yes ... I have many a fond memory of those years!

So it is with nervous anticipation that I go back ... I won't be going back through the gates of the college & I won't be traveling back in time through my minds eye but I will be going back into the arms of some of those beautiful people from my past and this makes me happy & know it will be good! Reunited after 25 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment