Today we went for a drive up to the Sunshine Coast. We went up to Melany, Montville & then back down to Mooloolaba & Mooroochydore.
This little coffee shop was so beautiful. As you can see in the foreground we had a gorgeous view of the Blackall ranges & a absolutely scrumptious morning tea!!!
This was my yummy morning tea...Orange & Almond cake & a nice Mugaccino
This is Mooloolaba on sunset...just heavenly!!
Matthew is never shy to pose or jump as in this photo!
Probably one of my most successful night time shots...I was so pleased with myself with this one.
I love how your photographs bring your culture alive for someone like me who hasn't experienced much travel outside the US. Thanks for the wonderful photos!!
ReplyDeleteHey there VKT...thanks for coming over for a visit! I, like you, have never ventured over seas, although I would very much like to someday! There are so many places I want to see. My husband & I do like to explore though & there really is such a lot of beauty to be found here in Australia. I'm pleased you enjoyed my photos...thanks!
ReplyDeleteThose photos, particularly the last two, are very good. The sharp clarity of the nighttime shot with the colors on the water... marvelous.
ReplyDeleteHI there Mr Picklesworth! I'm glad you liked my photos... I was really pleased with the last one too...I have never really had much success with night time shots like this one...so I am so happy! Thanks for the compliment!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are breath taking. The sunset is amazing! It sounds like you had a great time and the food looks soooo yummy.
ReplyDeletewow. love that last shot...the letter for the day today is 'M' on your blog...lol. the tea does look good!
ReplyDeleteThanks katerine - I feel like I got to go on the outing with you. The food was soooo good.
ReplyDeleteThanks
moondustwriter
Hi LadyCat.. it really was a very pretty sunset..and we did have a fabulous day!
ReplyDeleteBrian ... Yeh I did notice all the M's when I started writing the names of all the places we went.
Ah thank you Leslie...what a nice thing to say...the food was good, all the cakes were home made, not commercially prepared on mass in a factory...You really can taste the difference...so very yummy!
The last photo (Good night, Fleet!) is my favorite also. No flash for that, right? For me, flash ruins night shoots unless necessary.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your such kind words in comment on my blog. Soon it will be what--winter? Oh my, while we "bake", you all "shake"--grin! (I did not mean that to be funny, but...well?)
Hi Steveroni ... your right...no flash was used & I set the camera up on a tripod & used a timer. Using the timer was the trick I think.. it stopped movement in the camera.
ReplyDeleteYep...winter's on it's way but our winter here in Brisbane is not very cold at all!
I love that "while we bake, you all shake!"
Thanks for coming over to visit me & for leaving a comment.
Wow Katherine - I'm away for a day and you go and post all these wonderful shots! I can hardly keep up :) I love all these shots for today! And I especially love nighttime photography.
ReplyDeleteRick my husband & I collectively took about 500 photos on Saturday. As you know, everything was yelling out to have it's photo taken. And me being me, well, I just couldn't say no!!
ReplyDeleteI was so pleased with the nighttime shots because in the past I haven't had too much success. Now I can't wait to go into the city some night & take some photos of the Brisbane river @ night!
Going by your photos on your blog today it seems you also had a good weekend!! :)
Yes, thanks Katherine - we had a super weekend!
ReplyDelete