My Beautiful People

Sunday, May 23, 2010

She Remembered!

She shared her story with me.
Her story of unrequited, unavowed love.
She spoke of an attraction that unnerved her to the point of distraction.
She spoke of how she would sneakily watch him. So carefully so as not to draw attention.

She told how she thought he was too good for her and how the possibility of this attraction going anywhere would be seen by others as a hideous miss match.

However she continued to flirt with the possibilities and imagined almost on a daily basis what being with him would be like.

What his skin would feel like.
How he might smell.
What his touch would feel like on her skin.

She shared with me how many times she had flirted with the idea of disclosing this well kept secret with him ..... especially on that one particular day!

She remembered that day from many years ago!
She remembered the gathering of friends and the fun they all had.
She remembered the gentle words spoken to her & how they made her feel.

She also thought she had seen a look in his eyes.
She entertained the idea that maybe he was feeling the same way that she was. And that he was also feeling the same nervous tension as she was. Could it be that he wasn't oblivious to the attraction & that he too was biting at the bit to say something?

She wasn't sure of the nature of this endearment. Whether it was a big like, love, curiosity, lust or all of the above.

What she did know was that when he sat with her that day, directing his attention to her & looking into her with those dreamy eyes .... she liked how it made her feel.
So much so that the memory of that moment still remains forever embedded in her memory!

33 comments:

  1. wow. that is a beautiful memory...etched deeply...i love that feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you are a poet? Very nice, wish I could do that. Mine are much simpler...like roses are red! LOL Thanks for your visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply had to share with you that I have the same memory ~ a memory from 1956! Still vivid in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she' s the deep dreamer type.


    nicely written Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brian..I thought it was worthy of sharing .. I think we can all remember that feeling hey...it's truly unforgettable. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I could be called a poet Julie but I do love to write, always have! I find it both stimulating & therapeutic... Thanks for your lovely comment Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that so nice Helen ... would love to read about it sometime...if you want to share it that is! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I think so moondustwriter! A little dreaming now and then is good for the soul...me thinks!!! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, katherine...to be in her memory even now...THAT had to be something special! this was beautiful, full of moments too wonderful to ever forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean Sheri!! Some memories are keepers I think!!
    I have many of my own & taking a moment to ponder on times such as these can transport you to a younger you...which is always a wonderful feeling... a time when everything was new & exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful....
    Dreamy..
    The power of Memory...
    ..and somehow very sad too...

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Anthony... I agree with you too...there is sadness there! With the memories there must also be - The What If's ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is incredible. Made me get goosebumps and want to experience that new crazy in-love feeling again.

    Awesome memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a way with words Katherine, and you manage to bring back great memories with them! (for you, and us) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gillian ... thank you so much for your very generous words. Even an old love can be reignited & made to feel new again. Just get creative! It worked for me! (chuckles)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rick I'm so pleased my words have touched you this way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing image, i love it in B&W, and lovely poem too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't take credit for the image as it is someones else beautiful art! I borrowed it from google images because it seemed to fit with the theme of my poem...thanks for your lovely comment Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your words are sweet and beautiful on this one, they fall naturally like water,
    I enjoy your writing on this one very much!
    outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmmm...Love never gets old.
    There's nothing I can add to the comments above...just, Thank you for sharing dear Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much Jingle I appreciate your comment very much! I am happy you enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Dean & you are most welcome. I am pleased you enjoyed what you read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. so beautifully said...i have a couple of those memories myself...
    thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those electric memories are fabulous. Loved it, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so lovely. That memory seems like a warm amulet carried in the pocket of her mind which she can hold on cold days. Despite the picture, your words immediately made me think of listening to the story as an old woman told it, her gaze turned inward, back toward her youth.

    ReplyDelete
  27. An Unbelievable connection that she caries with her for a lifetime it seems. Its as if she has had a romantic affair with this guy with out the hurt and pain that comes with it. I feel like she enjoys the image more than actually pursing the real thing. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Mama Zen...glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Jessie... they're good memories worth holding on to! Thanks for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so happy you loved loved BlueViolet...they are wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a story shared with me by an elderly client I used to do home visits with a few years back. I used to love listening to her stories, she lived a very colourful life & loved to talk about all her adventures & I was only too happy to listen... I thought it was story worth sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Champ, yes I thought it was amazing that she never bit the bullet, so to speak, and made her affections known to him. When she shared her story with me I kept thinking how much it mirrored my own feelings for my husband when I started to notice him... I don't think I could have walked away like she did...it would have eaten me up.
    She was of the older generation though & therein lies the difference I think!!!
    Glad you enjoyed reading it !!

    ReplyDelete