Friends
They wormed their way into my soul
And crawled under my skin
They found a place within my heart
And burned their names within
I entered their lives a stranger
Yet they accepted me with open arms
They looked at me with trusting eyes
And showered me with their charms
Through the passage of time they taught me
Many things I thought I'd knew
They taught me about humility, acceptance & love
In a way that was pure & true
They see the world through beautiful eyes
And embrace all lifes got to give
Regardless of the barriers before them
They know just how to live
The times that I've shared with them
Are a blessing to be sure
And a blessing that I will cherish
Today and forever more
Five years ago we were but strangers
But today we are now friends
And friendship is a special bond
Where kindness & care transends
By KMF
aww...love this one!
ReplyDeleteKatherine, you create a picture of friendship so eloquently. I love those two lines "They found a place within my heart, And burned their names within". What a perfect way of showing how deep the bond of friendship goes.
ReplyDeletesmiles. friends are an important part of our lives...and we can end up with some of the most unlikely friends...but they happen for reasons soetimes beyond our control or thoughts...
ReplyDeleteAww thank Betty! I have been so preoccupied with my life the last few months I've not had a lot of time for anything else. I will stop by your place sometime in the next few days. Hope all is well with the boys!! Cheers Kath xx
ReplyDeleteHi Matty .. How are you? Thank you so much for your lovely comment. Like I just said to Betsy, I'll pop by sometime in the next few days and see what's been happening in your world. Cheers Kath xx
Hiya Brain ... woops Brian! I was gonna erase my mistake but it made me smile & thought it would you too! Thank you for your comment .. friends most certainly are very important and these ones I write of are super special!! Cheers Kath xx
I always say friends are the family we choose, sounds like you chose some great ones :)
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad I found u on JJ's page...
ReplyDeleteYour poem shows what a true friend is.
Hi David .. I was privilidged to have met these wonderful people through my work in disabilities; they are my clients. Now they are friends.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Kalei's Best Friend .. I am so pleased you found my page & thank you so very much for your lovely comment :)
This is so nice : ) It reminds me of the saying that goes something like..."friends have wings that lift us when we forget how to fly". I'm sorry I don't know the exact quote or who said it : )
ReplyDeleteI love the new look of your blog...looks great!
Thank you Dear LadyCat, I pray all has been well in your world & will pop by your blog tonight when I get back from work. Have a wonderful day/night!!
ReplyDeleteHi Katherine - what a wonderful tribute to friends; you've captured the essence with your thoughtful words. And I count you among my blogger friends.
ReplyDeleteI hope things are calming down a little for you. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my 'place' - nice to hear from you again. I hope you have a peace-full weekend ahead.
Hi Rick ... thanks for your beautiful comment, I also count you as my friend. I think we've been reading & sharing blogs for almost 2 years now. It has been a challenging year thus far but I guess every challenge that's thrown my way, comes to teach me something. I am hopeful that things are on the improve but have decided that I am just going to take it a day at a time. I wish you a peace filled weekend also .. cheers K x
ReplyDelete