My Beautiful People

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jersey Girl

Wow! That was quite an unexpected reaction to watching that movie. The movie being "Jersey Girl." The vision of watching this dashing young father dance around the dancefloor with his little daughter in his strong, safe embrace. Seeing the loving looks shared between father & daughter, no words spoken, just a knowing look that showed that they were seeing into eachothers souls, it moved me quite unexpectedly.


I can only imagine what it would have been like. What it would have been like to have a Daddy to speak softly to me, to tell me that I was his little princess, to be cuddled & made to feel special in a way that only a father knows how! Watching this scene made my eyes well with tears, my throat tighten up and I wanted to cry! I feel upset with my father that he didn't love me, my sister or brother enough to change his ways & to love my mother as she deserved to be loved. To take on the responsibilities that he himself had created. My life was void of these father /daughter moments & now there is a feeling of loss. This loss is not something that I will ever hav3 resolution to, that time has come & gone.


I still however believe that I have been truly blessed with a wonderful childhood. My mother is a truly amazing woman. Sacrificing many things & opportunities in her own life to ensure that we were safe, secure & loved. Raising 3 children on her own was no easy feat & for this I admire her strength & selfless love.


I thank her from the deepest part of heart for her sacrifices, her unconditional love, her hard work, her endless support & her care. I thank her for never giving up & for giving us , her children, a childhood full of beautiful & wonderful memories. I love my Mum & I thank her for everything!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that movie too. Sounds like you have a wonderful Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine (you're my last visit before a real late bedtime since it seems my internet only behaves well late at night ...). I haven't seen the movie, but I can imagine your feeling of loss at not being able to have moments like that. We had 3 daughters (and a son) and we can still share moments like that, which I think only a father-daughter can have (I think mother-daughter moments are different). Thanks goodness you had such a wonderful mother !

    Nice to hear from you again. I trust all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB.. I do have a wonderful mum & am missing her at the moment because she is away. Thanks

    Hi Rick..thanks for your warm words. Yes I am very blessed to have such a wonderful mother. Nice to hear from you too.

    ReplyDelete