My Beautiful People

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Love in a Box - Theme Thursday!

For 23 years they've lay in the box! These beautiful memories, this wonderful day, treasured memories captured on film.
White lace, linen table cloths, blue ties, family, friends, dancing, music, love & romance!
They are not perfect photos but they're all I have. The only visual memories, other than those that live in my head, of my wedding day!
23 years of marriage and I've only ever had 1 black & white photo of that day. I've always wanted these negatives transformed into visual memories & an album made, but there was always something else to be done, money needing to be spent elsewhere. And that's OK, everything in it's own time!
He came home with a gift. A little device! A device that has allowed me to bring those negatives back to life. With this device, I'm reliving that very special day from 23 years ago & am relishing every beautiful moment of it.... My how I love him!

10 comments:

  1. how very cool...and after 23 years i am glad you love him. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... talk about romantic! You take the cake!
    :) The Bach

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very special that all these memories can be brought out of the box and cherished again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I cannot wait to see what you produce!

    I need to play with my photos more, seems like I am buried in food lately, lol!

    Is your spring as beautiful as mine, I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice story Katherine - maybe you should post your favourite from that day 23 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Brian! I'm glad too! :)

    Thank you Rick ... I might just do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know Bach... I've read some of your stuff & your're a bit of a romantic yourself!

    Jill..thanks for coming & visiting my blog ... Yes I was pretty excited when he brought home the copying device for the old 36mm film...it's going to take a while to do them all, but it is worth it!

    Elizabeth...it does take some time to work through the film...but it is fun reliving it all over again. Our spring is beautiful here also...we're half way through Autumn at the moment, then theres winter...followed by spring, starting in Sept. Will be sure to take plenty of photos for you then

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. True love still exist and you reek of it lol. It's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift. And I so enjoyed seeing the photos! Yours is obviously a love that burns strong, then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Champ & PattiKen.. thank you both for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete