My Beautiful People

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some More Photos from O'Reilly's

This is called a Rufous Scrub Bird which is found in high altitudes...they live in the think undergrowth in the forest floors of QLD & NSW. They have been listed as vulnerable but scientists are seriously considering upgrading them to endangered. So knowing this, I feel grateful that we were able to spot one on our visit to O'Reilly's.
The Road leading up to O'Reilly's ... so beautiful
My youngest son & Me
A photo of our little spitting friend at the Llama Farm...found on the way up to O'Reilly's

6 comments:

  1. So cool, that bird is hiding! I clicked on the photo for an up close and personal peek into his world!

    How adorable you and your son are!

    I know this woman with a Lhama that has the cutest snaggle tooth smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment Elizabeth (I'm blushing) Never been called adorable before!
    The bird was such a tiny little fella & when i took the photo I really wasn't sure if I got him, but thankfully I did. So cute hey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time! The photos are just gorgeous! The second one looks like a postcard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did have a wonderful time Betsy...thanks for visiting & for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would think that scrub bird wouldn't be endangered - he certainly blends in well - nice shot. O'Reilly's appears to be an enchanted place and you & your son look like you were thoroughly enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh he camouflages well in with his surroundings & moves real quick too. It is an enchanted place & we did enjoy ourselves..very much!

    ReplyDelete