My Beautiful People

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

!! The Magician !!


A debonair man
In a top hat & cape
Emerged in the mist
From behind a large velvet drape

He walked onto the stage
Magical cane in his hand
Pyrotechnic explosions!
Made his entrance look grand

Illusions & trickery
Enticed Oohs, Ohs & Wows
Mystery & Wonder
Applause & big bows

A wonderful magician
With a grandiose show
The best in the business
That everyone knows

If you wanted to see him
Perform his magic & tricks
Come up to the castle
Made of carved sandstone bricks

Go through the enchanted forest
Across the Valley of Charm
The castle sits on top Mt Mystique
Above the Village of Sharm

By KMF

12 comments:

  1. wicked cool....growing up i always wanted to be a magician...i was in awe...love the jounrey in that last stanza as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Brian...you're too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun poem! Back in the day, when I was a kid, there was a children's show in Houston called Maryjane's Magic Castle. The shows jingle runs through my tiny little mind sometimes even now!

    This jogged pleasant memories!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why I didn't think of this. I was a magician as a youngster but I guess I made that history . . . disappear! Good poem, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Full of whimsy and charm. Have a wonderful day .........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm more impressed with magicians the older I get. I went 2 the circus last month and the guy made a tiger apear in the cage, I was in aww lol. Good Read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willow - Thank You! :)

    Hiya Rick - Childhood memories are some of the best aren't they...I am so glad my poem helped bring some of them back. Thanks Rick for the lovely comment! :)

    Hey there Catalyst...Once a magician always a magician..I reckon! Now you are a magician of words. Thanks for the compliment! :)

    Thanks Helen - Glad you liked it! I hope you also have a wonderful day! :)

    Hiya Champ - Wow - a tiger!!! It used to be rabbits & doves...now it's tigers!! Amazing!
    Thanks Champ ... glad you enjoyed reading my poem! Have a Great Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you kindly Tumblewords! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katherine
    It seems I have some catching up to do -- this is one of my favorite poems. The enchanting, mystical , magical charm exudes - I felt like I was back in the Renaissance times living in the castle watching a performance by the man with top hat and cane.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanny what a lovely thing to say! I am pleased you like it so much. I struggled with this one & what to write & then I remembered a magician I saw perform as a child. We had gone to this place called Magic Mountain on the Gold Coast, which unfortunately doesn't exist anymore and my memories of that day have stayed with me always.

    ReplyDelete