My Beautiful People

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Theme Thursday - Lunch

With school bag in hand
Shirt nicely tucked in
It was his first day at school
Let the learning begin

His eyes cast on upward
As he looked to my face
I don't want to stay Mummy
I don't like this place

I reached down to hug him
And I gave him a kiss
I whispered be brave son
You will get through this

I packed you a lunch
With a little surprise
He lips turned on upward
The smile returned to his eyes

He got through the morning
Lunchtime had come
He found a note in his lunchbox
That said "I love you son!"


By KMF


12 comments:

  1. Oh, so precious! I bet that note made it all better! Beautifully written with love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful. got a big smile on my face from the memories with my boy...and my other to go off to school next year...happy tt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cop Mama...I loved that photo of you with your son...I wish I had more moments like that captured on film with my sons. I used to do that sort of thing all the time. I even remember drawing happy faces on their bananas & oranges ..with the words 'eat me' written on them...in hope that they would eat their fruit. It worked... sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodmorning Brian... no it's probably evening there now! I'm pleased you like it! I remember clearly all 3 of my sons...first day at school. It is such a big moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo and thoughts to go with it. I'm sure all his worries melted away when he found the note :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I did do that for my kids, and still do for hubby, sneak him cards into his lunch, brief case or suitcase when he travels...I love this!

    I have to post this thing my son drew for me I keep in the kitchen, I even had it, um you know plastic coating that is heated and then hardens as it cools, gosh my brain at midnight is mush, lol

    Hope you are having a lovely week Ms K!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Rick..thanks for your comment..I like to think it did!! :)

    Great minds think alike Elizabeth!! My husband used to take young adults with disabilities away on 3 day holidays & as you can imagine...I would miss him like crazy. I used to slip little notes in his pockets for him to find, just to let him know I was thinking of him. I am having a lovely week...hope you are too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Bet The Words Tasted Better Than The Food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Katherine -- just beautiful ---

    wish I would have done more of that ....

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeh your probably right there Tony!

    Thank you kindly Joanny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh..thank you Willow! Glad it put a smile on your face :)

    ReplyDelete