My Beautiful People

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thge Polar Bears At Seaworld


My husband & my two younger sons went for a drive to SeaWorld on the Gold Coast today & we spent quite a lot of time watching the Polar Bears playing in their enclosure. They were having a ball. I just had to share some of the many photos that we took, they're priceless!

I think the polar bears names were Hudson & Kanook
Aren't they cute ... kissing polar bears!
Just having a little swim

Still kissing...only a little more vigorously!

11 comments:

  1. oh these are amazing pics...love the polar bears. make me think of big teddy bears but i bet their hug would not quite be as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful animals Brian... we watched them play for ages! Yep..as cute & cuddly as they look they are a huge & powerful animal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine I've always been amazed at just how big those Polar Bears get. Where my grandparents live in Alabama there is plenty of wilderness and I remember seeing a bear once....a little too up close and I almost filled my shorts with Hershey squirts!!!

    Now I live in South Carolina on the southeastern coast of the United States and we have our fair share of alligators, just like I know that those of you in Austrailia have your share of crocodiles. When any of these beasts see us, they see dinner. I would hate to end up dinner for any of them.....that's got to be an awful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great shots! Looks like fun, I can't wait to get to the zoo with my little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love polar bears too. I once spent two hours watching the polar bears at the Central Park Zoo play "ball" with their lunch pail.

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reggie ~ Hershey squirts in your shorts doesn't sound very nice at all! I laughed when I read that!
    Where I live, there are no crocodiles but we do have sharks in our ocean. And I definitely wouldn't want to come in close vicinity with them either. Hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday...cheers Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun CopMama. It was also fun watching the awe in the faces of the small children that were watching around us. A great thing to do with the children..I'm sure your little fellas will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are mesmerizing to watch PattiKen ~ we were probably watching them for about an hour ourselves.. I would have kept watching but it was closing time & we had to leave. Thanks for stopping by ...have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your polar bear shots Katherine - they're all great. My favourite - for amusement value - is the 3rd one. Does life for a polar bear get any better than this ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rick ... yeh he looks super chillaxed doesn't he.

    ReplyDelete