My Beautiful People

Monday, March 1, 2010

My first crush but not my first love!

I remember him well... he was my first crush!I've been thinking about him a bit over the last few days. I guess this has been brought on because of seeing all those familiar faces again. I am guessing that he himself would be oblivious to the fact that he was my very first love crush. This is something I have never shared with another living soul, not even my closest friends. No one knew how I felt about him. No one knew how I would silently watch his movements around the school & in class. I didn't do or say anything to draw attention to myself.He was in my circle of friends, so in my mind I felt it would have been tabu to announce my feelings to him or about him to anyone else. After all it could ruin the friendships as they stood. Also I wasn't sure I could handle rejection. I had no idea whether he shared the same attraction for me. I acted as I did out of self-preservation. I would rather avoid the possibility of things going bad, avoid possible embarrassment and just leave things as they were. So I admired him from afar, in my heart. He had the most electric blue eyes, if I had been given a chance to stare long enough into them I am sure I would have got lost in them. He was tall & handsome. He was gentle of nature, creative & so sweet with words. It was as though he carefully selected each word before putting it out there to be heard.
As I write about him now, I guess he was in some ways a lot like me. We were like-minded people I suppose. I can't remember him ever losing his cool or saying anything nasty to anyone which was another personality trait we shared! I am not a person that likes confrontation & will do everything possible in my power to avoid it. I was terribly shy in his presence.Yes we would talk but we didn't really converse. I was dumbstruck when around him, I would become a blithering fool .... lost for words.
Anyway ... time passed on & I fell for another handsome young man. In fact, this young man was in many ways the absolute opposite. He was nice but also a little bit naughty. He was persistent in his pursuit of me, which at first annoyed the living heck out me but soon turned me on my heels running towards him. He made me feel things that no one else had ever managed to do before. In his presence I knew I was noticed, he made me feel beautiful, he made me laugh, we could lose so many hours just talking about anything & everything. In his presence I felt safe & protected. I was intrigued by him, he was different from the other boys. My friends didn't understand the attraction & I really didn't care. They didn't know him the way that I did. They had not gotten to know him. It is true that in many ways we were in fact polar opposites but when we were together we together it couldn't have felt any more right!
His eyes were a deep ocean green & he had skin like chocolate. It wasn't too long before he had me under his spell & it must have been a damn good spell because I am still under it to this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment