My Beautiful People

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mag 5 - Wooden Hand


I ‘feel’ nothing

But I make some feel good

I have five jointed fingers

Created from wood


Malleable digits

That can be moved about

Hard, cold & polished

But lifeless, no doubt


I am a puppet

I dangle from string

I make children happy

I am a play thing


I live in a toybox

I come out now & then

Sometimes I am Brenda

And sometimes I’m Ben

By KMF


I wrote this for Magpie Tails.... I know mine not as good as others that I have read but it's all good because I had a lot of fun doing it!

http://www.magpietales.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

  1. "I feel nothing but I make some feel good"

    Fabulous opening line, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS all good! I like the way the jerky rhythm evokes a marionette's movements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your very talented.I've enjoyed everything that I've read thus far. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a playful poem...to be a childs toy...always new and fresh adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine, You did a great job! I'm having a great time with Willow's photo prompts, just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, do not sell yourself short! I loved your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this and perfect pic to go with your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't tell you how much your comments have moved me. Thank you all so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katherine. I liked the last two lines. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No apologies needed, Katherine. That was splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you kindly Catalyst ... it has been quite something reading all these lovely comments! A lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with Willow- The opening line says so much!

    Lovin this prompt writing you are doing girl! I am off to read more of your work...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Elizabeth...I am finding it all a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete