My Beautiful People

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Love through the eyes of a 14 year old ME!

Today I found an old diary from high-school. I was 14 when these diary entries were written. The paper on which is is written is bug bitten & dusty but the sentiment of the words is in tact. There are pages missing but still plenty inside is left.

Here are some extracts:

Edward: Is someone i love and care for very much. He is a very considerate and gentle person. He has a fascinating ability to make me laugh no matter what kind of mood I'm in. He makes me feel like someone really special and he is always there to give me a little TLC when I need it.
My family have had the pleasure of meeting him and they all like and get along with him. Mum lets me go out with him because she knows that I am safe with him. He is a wonderful person and a great boyfriends and I hope that nothing ever comes between us, because this relationship means an awful lot to me.

This is a poem I wrote when I was 14


LOVE CONQUERS ALL

Love is a very precious thing
As I'm sure you will agree
It is much more beautiful that a doves white wings
And more peaceful than the sea

The saying goes,"Love conquers All"
I suppose it could be true
For when a friendship suddenly falls
There is nothing you can do

Like red roses in a garden bed
They thrive on sun & rain
With their petals so neatly spread
They'll see the sun again

Love should be an everlasting thing
With hugs & kisses too
So when the bells they start to ring
Don't hesitate in saying,"I do".

9 comments:

  1. beautiful little verse...imagine its got to be interesting looking back...at what shaped you world then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. U seem to be very grounded at 14 which is rare. May I ask are you and the guy still 2gether. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You obviously wrote better poetry than I did at that age, mine was laced with boys boys boys, lol, adolescent girl hormones

    I also got a diary when I was that age, and have my own daughters. Last year I posted it with a photo of her favorite stuffed cat sitting on it...she never had a chance to fill it...

    Thanks for coming over Sexy Mumma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Brian, it was great finding the diary, reading through it & remembering the things I thought back then.

    Champ I am still with this boy...we married & had 3 children together.

    Thanks Elizabeth ... I am sorry your daughter never got the opportunities that we did but she was blessed to have had such a caring & loving mother in you. Maybe you could fill that diary for her with stories about her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! you married your childhood sweety?
    how cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun you must have had seeing yourself through more mature eyes. You sounded pretty self aware even at 14.
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog. My family and I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely poetical 14 year old you were. What a treasure, that diary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Michelle, Monkey Man & Willow!
    It is a treasure... a lot of beautiful memories within!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very sweet, made even sweeter when I read that you married him! Wow, you are one of the lucky ones!!!!! Very lovely poem. How wonderful to look back and to know that all that hopeful dreaming had a happy outcome.

    ReplyDelete